Huwebes, Pebrero 21, 2013

Anna Karanina Ruste : Memories are parts of our lives that we consider special







“Memories are parts of our lives that we consider special”

          In every step we take, there are moments in life that we are willing to treasure. Especially when we know that “those moments” will soon be over. Just like “HIGH SCHOOL”. High school was built with fond memories. Reminiscing everything will not be enough to fit the pages of one whole book. But let me just tell you some of the moments that I consider unforgettable and worth remembering.
          My first year in high school started out okay. I still had some of my elementary friends around me which made things easier to adjust. Everyone was still shy that time, thinking that since it’s “High school”, everything is more difficult and new. It was the time when I joined my first debate. We were competing against the higher level and that gave me doubts whether I would still join or not. I thought that we won’t stand a chance since we were the youngest. But, what I expected was wrong. We won the debate and our team claimed the award of having the best debater. And since then, I joined the debate team of the school. Time flew, until we became sophomores. It was when I had two new best friends. And so, I had, and still have three of them. That year was full of funny moments which made me want to go to school more often. We learned to compete against the higher levels. When everything was almost over, we decided to cherish every moment while we still had it. Sophomore life gave me lots of things to remember and it was also the closest section I’ve been on.

          And then, here it goes. We finally became juniors. For me, this was my worst, yet “full-of-lessons year”. I became so lazy that time and I don’t really know where it all began. I had low grades. I was still on the honor list but it was nothing compared to my past two years. That was the year when we learned to cheat and we even made fun of our teachers without even getting scared. It was also the time when we started to leave our books and notes in our classroom. No wonder why our bags were almost empty. During the cheer dance, we earned the title of winning 2nd place. We promised ourselves that when we become seniors, we will soon claim the victory.
          Now, we finally reached the senior year. This is the closest section that I ever had apart from when we were still sophomores. We call ourselves as “Raphanatics” which is derived from our section, St. Raphael. From the very first day of school and even until now, we promised each other to capture every moment that we encounter. We started making moments that only us could ever understand. For every action that we make, there would always be this “Term” that we have and we consider this special. We always remind each other that every chance must not be taken for granted for we know that this will be our last chance to show and make happy memories with each other and that there is no room for misunderstandings. We were so close that we even have our pet named “Raphy”. We know that its sounds funny and immature but, we all accept that. The fact that we are and still, childish. Remember our ultimate goal? It was to win the cheer dance. Sad to say, we were not able to fulfill that. It struck our minds that it doesn’t matter if we win or not because after our performance that day, we would never forget the feeling of having the best presentation that we ever hoped for. We realized that the real meaning of winning is when everyone is happy and proud of what they have done. And that’s what we experienced.

          Now, we only have less than a month before leaving each other. Or should I say, before “graduation day”. We never thought that after eight months of being together, arguments would still come. We thought that Raphanatics will no longer be special and will be forgotten sooner than what we thought. But now, we are happy to say that everything is going along well and it is back to the way it was.

          You may notice that I didn’t mention any specific moment because for me, everything that I said will never be forgotten. It taught me a lot. It taught me how to be myself. That I could still make room for other people in my life. I realized that we will never know the worth of something until it’s gone. High school will soon be over once we step out that stage. So now is the best time for me to thank everyone that became a part of my life. I hope to see everyone soon and in the years to come. I know that it would be impossible if things won’t change, but, I hope that everybody will still remember me as part of their lives. Thank you. This is Anna Karanina G. Ruste, proud to be a Raphanatic.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento